Project management in companies or organizations is often only half as organized as it could be. This statement is underpinned by a study from November 2016. The GPM - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Projektmanagement e. V. (German Project Management Association) investigated how working hours are structured in projects. The result: project staff stated that their companies did not do enough for better workflows and therefore for optimized working hours either 1. A project management office, or PMO, can help. The following white paper describes what exactly a PMO is, how a gradual introduction can be successful and how the creation of a PMO can have a positive effect on project business.
- What is a PMO?
- Establishing a PMO: Structure counts
- Six steps to a PMO
- Project culture – Recording the status quo
- Communication of advantages and aims
- Draw up a catalogue of rules
- Planning scope and details
- Management and communication culture
- Provision of infrastructure
- Real-life example
If you would like more advice on this topic or are looking for support from a multi-project management tool, please visit our webinars or contact me directly:
Managing Director proventis GmbH